Record players were the only source of music back in the day, but the craze for record players slowly started dying with advances in technology. However, retro designs of turntables are getting popular again. And, they aren’t simply meant to be able to play vinyl records anymore.
While there are turntables designed specifically for the purpose, record players that are also equipped with modern day features have been gaining popularity in recent years.
The competition is stiff and it’s not just about having most features either. Manufacturers are constantly trying to come up with as many features and quality at the lowest price possible. There are lots of different kinds of record players on the market, and choosing a single product can be a much harder task than it needs to be.
Each company claiming their product to be the best one doesn’t help either. Electrohome is one company that has built a reputation as a reliable manufacturer of turntables. The Signature Vinyl Record Player from the company is one of the best in the business.
- This Electrohome record player features a retro design and perfectly tuned acoustic cabinet. The acoustic cabinet paired with four speakers provides optimal audio performance.
- This record player can play vinyl records, and also features the ability to play AM/FM radio, CDs, MP3s through USB, and this device even features a 3.5mm auxiliary input to play music via mobile devices.
- The ceramic needle used on this device is diamond-tipped, which further enhances the audio quality.
- Electrohome has been in the business for a long time, and this product shows off yet another vintage design handcrafted with real wood carpentry and a deep walnut finish.
- This turntable can play 7, 10 and 12 inch records without any problems, and you also get the option of customizing the speed to 33, 45 or 78 revolutions per minute.
- You can easily convert your classic records into MP3 files through the built-in USB port. There is no hassle with having to connect to a computer; just plug in your USB drive and start recording.
- This unit has the look of a vintage unit, feels sturdy and is capable of a variety of functions, including playing CDs, recording MP3 files and much more.
- The sound quality is absolutely amazing with this product. This retro machine will surely take you back in time with its amazing sound.
- The price is remarkably reasonable.
- Electrohome has always provided good customer support and it holds true with this product too. You will get prompt and effective service regarding the product.
- There have been complaints about the tone-arm not having much weight, causing the records to skip. You could try to attach a dime to the arm, but you need to be extremely careful with the weight or you’ll end up damaging your prized vinyl possessions. However, this could be a problem with just a few faulty products and yours could be perfectly fine.
- For those who want a loud volume, you might need to reconsider your choice. There is no option of attaching external speakers with this unit.
- There have also been a few complaints about defective products being shipped from the company.
This is one fantastic modern turntable from Electrohome. The company has always been known for its outstanding analog sound systems and this model, inspired by traditional record players, is one of the best looking turntables out there. It’s not just limited to its looks.
You can easily convert your records simply with a USB drive and you can also use the AUX input to use this device as a speaker and play music from your mobile devices.
Granted, it’s bit big but it won’t feel like a burden at all. The price is not bad either. You will hardly find any other product with this level of sophistication and features. It’s great value for money.
It goes without saying that the record player from Electrohome isn’t the only product on the market. Two of the worthy competitors for this product are 1byone Belt-Drive 3-Speed Portable Stereo Turntable with Built in Speakers and Pyle PTCD56UBGR Record Player Stereo System Turntable Stereo System.
Both these products are excellent in their own right, so it comes down to what you want in a product. They are different in terms of looks and they are in different price ranges. Make sure you do your own research to study the features, pros and cons of each in order to make an informed decision.
All three of the brands mentioned above are well reputed in the business and you won’t regret purchasing any of these items, as long as the product meets your requirements.
The record player from 1byone is a sleek looking device that offers 3-speed settings, built-in stereo speakers system, dynamic balanced tone arm, and RCA/headphone jack outputs. This briefcase styled record player is lightweight and highly portable. The company has backed the product with a year’s guarantee, so that’s a huge plus.
The second alternative for you is the machine from Pyle. It looks like an elegant vintage sound system but also sports modern features like a USB flash reader, Bluetooth connectivity, AUX input and so on. It even features a CD player and AM/FM radio. If size doesn’t concern you, then it’s a perfect buy for you.
Both of these products are cheaper than the one from Electrohome. The product from Pyle is definitely closer to the Electrohome record player in terms of design and features, but the Electrohome turntable is better when it comes to the sound quality. If you’re looking for a simple and cheap product, you should be fine choosing the product from 1byone. However, quality is expensive, and if you can spare the cash, the product from Electrohome is well worth buying.