Blending modern day features with a traditional vintage look has been one of the top priorities among music enthusiasts. The world has moved at too fast a pace to simply go back to owning record players; as modern music is rarely recorded on vinyl records anymore, you need something to plug in USB, SD cards and also be able to play music from your mobile devices.
The combination of all of these is hard to get right, and not all manufacturers succeed. However, the Electrohome Winston Vinyl Record Player is one product that is just right with its traditional natural wood stereo system, vintage look and modern features.
- This vinyl record player has been inspired by centuries old analog audio systems, which is where it gets its retro look from.
- This turntable is able to play vinyl records, AM/FM radio, CDs, and even allows plugging in a 3.5mm auxiliary cable in order to play music from your phone or tablet.
- The built-in stereo system of this device is absolutely superb. The sound quality is room filling, and the wood acoustic cabinet housing the stereo enhances the audio performance.
- The ceramic needle is diamond-tipped, which lets you experience a warm and natural tone. Also, the device is of high quality so you don’t have to worry about your cherished albums being harmed.
- The wood cabinet looks remarkable and it also feels great.
- Setting up this device is incredibly easy; if you follow the instructions properly, you can do it in 10 minutes flat.
- This turntable’s ability to play vinyl records is absolutely superb with amazing sound quality. If you have purchased this product to play vinyl records more than anything else, then you are a happy customer.
- The sound is large enough that you should able to listen to music throughout the house. Also, the clarity of the sound is unbelievable.
- The AUX port works really well so you can always plug in your mobile devices.
- The vintage charm it adds to your room is priceless.
- And, the product looks and feels much more high quality than its price tag.
- There have been complaints about defective products being shipped. Damaged products fresh out of the box haven’t done any favors to the company’s reputation.
- If you’re looking for loud sound with lots of bass, this is not the right product for you. Also, you can’t connect any external speakers to it, which can be a turn off for some.
- There have been complaints about this record player not being able to play some albums without a penny taped to the arm, which is not good for the records.
- The radio is pretty much useless, according to some of the customers’ reviews.
- Another issue with purchasing this product is hard-to-reach customer service.
The amazing looking wooden box features the vintage look and has done justice to the art of traditional analog boxes. Looks aren’t all there is to this amazing turntable. Granted, this product isn’t perfect, but then again nothing is. If you’ve been looking for a record player mainly for your vinyl records, this is the right product for you.
You can even configure the speed settings to suit your liking. This is truly one of the best record players you can find. Also, for all the features this product offers, it’s not even highly priced; it offers superb value for its price tag.
This Electrohome vinyl record player is something that looks antique and yet offers plenty of modern features. But, it’s definitely not the only modern vinyl record player on the market. Boytone BT-17DJM-C 3-speed Turntable and Pro-Ject Essential II Turntable are two alternatives for the Electrohome vinyl record player depending upon what your requirements are.
These two products are quite different from each other and feature different looks and price tags. Make sure you research properly, studying their features, pros and cons in order to make an informed decision. Remember, the idea is to not just choose a product that’s expensive but one that meets your requirements.
The product from Electrohome is a most complete product compared to the other two mentioned above. As far as vinyl record players go, the Pro-Ject Essential II Turntable is the top choice. This turntable offers class-leading sound quality with its quiet-running synchronous motor and low-resonance platter. The power supply is even so that vibration is minimized. But, it does come with limitations. In this modern world, its lack of connectivity features like Bluetooth and AUX input works against it.
The Boytone record player on the other hand isn’t just a record player; it comes with 3-speed stereo, built-in speakers, MP3 and WMA playback cassette player, rotary knobs, USB/SD/AUX recording and much more. It’s a blend of modern day features into a traditional record player. And, it’s inexpensive, so if you’re on a low budget, it could work well for you. However, as far as quality goes, it’s not the best out there.
While both of these products are superb in their own right, the Electrohome record player is the perfect blend of both modern day features and traditional vintage vinyl record players. It’s fairly inexpensive and works great for you. However, if playing vinyl records is your first priority, you can always go for Pro-Ject Turntable. But remember, it’s a little expensive.